Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Garage Sale-ing

This last weekend we went to Nashville for this HUGE community garage sale. Some friends of mine live out there and told us about it so that we could work our visiting with them around this huge sale (We really do like them a lot even though it sounds like we were just using them for their garage sale). What makes it even better is that it is in the rich part of town so this was no janky stuff either.
I was on a mission! I was determined to find an entertainment center with doors on the front that go back into the entertainment center. I know, that is a little specific for garage sales but I was not about to give up hope. As it was our TV has been sitting on a coffee table with all the wires and everything hanging out and it looked too much like we belonged in the ghetto neighborhood we live in.
We walked up to an open garage and saw it- It was "the one" and there were people looking at it! They were making an offer on MY entertainment center! The nerve of some people. Fortunately for me, the offer was not accepted. I tried to keep my composure but I was doing little dances in my head. So, I went and made my offer and after using my powers of persuasion, I convinced her to come down $75. Am I the master or what?
Now it sits in our livingroom looking so grand. As soon as James shows me how to put up pictures, I will show you all because I think everyone should see how beautiful it is.
By the way, we also got a bigger TV and a tuner. Don't ask me what the second does. All I know is that we got a great deal on it (according to James) and now there are more ugly black boxes with wires.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger James T Wood said...

But you can't see the wires because of the entertaiment center!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

soo beautiful andrea! i love it! i am quite fond of wooden things with doors that hide ugly wires, etc.
we found our entertainment center on craigslist.org and got a good steal as well . . .
but yours is oh so pretty.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

more wires means better entertainment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home