Monday, April 25, 2005

I hate the train!

Have you ever lived in a city where there is a train that runs right through the middle of it? If so, I feel sorry for you because I know that you had to endure the pain and inconvenience that I am currently suffering through.
So many people hear the train and say "Oh, how quaint. I hear a train in the distance". It is the "in the distance" part that makes it so quaint. When you have to live next to it, it is not nearly so cute!
"I hate the train!" is a common grumble for me. This is because there is a train that runs right through the middle of this retarded city I live in. That means that 6-8 times a day- traffic stops! Unless you are moving parallel to the train, you are not moving. And for some reason the train conductor is under the impression that Memphians are stupid enough to plow through the RXR sign and out onto the tracks. Don't get me wrong, they are that stupid but that does not mean that he has to keep a pull on his whistle from the time he enters the city to the time he leaves. Besides, if someone is dumb enough to challenge the train, I think that he is dumb enough to lose their rights and privileges as a live person.
The train also does this amazingly stupid thing every now and then- it comes to a complete stop, blocking miles of traffic. And if you are lucky, you can even see it go backward before starting up the correct direction again. It is infuriating!
In short- I hate the train!

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

you have my deepest sympathies.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I choo choo choose you.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

"and there's a picture of a train....."



tim wins for best comment of monday

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger breanna said...

trains are so inconvenient! remember how when we were little it was fun to count all the cars on the train, and you'd get more and more excited as the number got higher and higher....and now it's like, "geesh, 56...are you kidding?!?! i don't have all day!"

my how things change

 

Post a Comment

<< Home