Tuesday, March 28, 2006

He is Coming Home!


You know how I said I was so lonely without James? It was true and still is. But tonight he is coming home. Hooray! I am excited about seeing him- I am not so excited about the 2 hour drive to Little Rock Arkansas to go get him. He had to fly in and out of there because it was $800 dollars cheaper. The Memphis "International" Airport (it has the occassional flight to Canada or Mexico or something to make it technically international) doesn't have Southwest. Do you know why? Because Memphis is such a stupid city that they figure that a good way to bring money into the city is by having a ridiculously high airport tax. That would force a great and inexpensive airline such as Southwest to no longer be great and inexpensive so the airline just refuse to come here. I don't blame Southwest but that sucks for the rest of us. And Memphis government wonders why they are short on money- it is because everyone goes to Little Rock or Nashville.

Well, I'm still excited that James is coming home.

A friend of mine does cake decorating as a hobby and went to a class on Sunday in some town about an hour from here. When she got back her husband was so excited. It was really cute and they were trying to get my sympathy which did not come because she had been gone for 12 hours and James had been gone (at that point) 5 days. After talking to them I found that in their nearly 10 years of marriage, they have never spent the night apart. The longest they had gone was a long work day that lasted about 18 hours. I don't really know what to think about that. It is cute and they are sweet but I wonder. If their intention is to never spend a night apart, that means that he can never go on an all men's retreat and she can never go spend a weekend at the spa with girlfriends. Am I a bad person for enjoying some time away from my husband? It sounds so bad.

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger James T Wood said...

Dude, I totally cannot wait to see you! My flight is delayed though (lame) by about 30 minutes. I miss you a lot, but I don't blame you for enjoying some of the time away either - it's nice to be a little selfish every once in a while. I spent time with the boys that you would have hated (farting and burping and playing videogames) and you did stuff that I wouldn't want to do, I say, "Awesome!" now we can enjoy being together even more.

Hey, I love you and I miss you and Portland wasn't near as much fun without you with me, I thought of you all the time.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Well, after 29 years of being single, I am fairly certain that if I do ever get married, as exciting as it will be, I will need some alone time or I will want to poke out my eyeballs (or punch my husband). I think it is healthy to be apart sometimes! Everyone would find you creepishly odd if you never were apart (or at least, I would).

Thanks for letting James come out. I wish you could have made it. We definately missed you (it was weird to have him here without you).

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger breanna said...

i think i need the peters decoder ring for that last one. anyhow. i know a couple like that too...never spent a night apart. and i think it's sweet and lovely, but not for me. me and the mister decided that we'd never spend more than a week away from each other. because we both have family in other states, and it doesn't always make sense for both of us to leave our jobs and blah blah blah. plus....the reuniting is always so sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home