Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Butt Hurts

ANDREA

















+
Roller skates









=

I have to sit on a pillow.








It was our friend's birthday last week and she thought it would be fun to have all of us dress up in our best 80s styles and go roller skating. It sounded like fun at the time.

I remembered clinging to the sides of the rink when I was a child at the Golden Skate for birthday parties and I remembered that I had fallen a few times. The part that I didn't put together before going this last weekend is that when you are young, you are smaller, you are closer to the ground and you weigh nothing. Things have changed- oh how they have changed.

I was on my second lap around the rink and of course I have been gripping the side the whole time but you know how they have those openings for people to come on and off the floor? Yeah- the areas with no place to grip- that is where I fell and I fell hard. I had to sort of scoot myself off the floor so as not to be run over by the little kids (or the big kids). From there on out my sweet husband and I played Skee ball and that police shooter game and watched people go flying by painlessly.

You could say I had fun. You could not say that I had a painless night but you could say I had a fun night.

7 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger James T Wood said...

And who is the champion of skeeball?

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger arwen said...

Ugh (in Tara voice) you're so cute. You look nothing like the dog down there.... SO CUTE!!!!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Mrs. Andrea Wood said...

(In an unexcited, under my breath way) James- you are the skee ball champion. (grumble, grumble)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger tara said...

seriously, your hair...so amazing!!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

this one time me and janni laine stole a skee ball ball from somewhere and in the pitch black drive way of my parents house she said "catch!" and threw it at my forehead.

also, you're a real whole lotta cute.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Sometimes I LOVE your super cute hair cut!! Why are you so dang gorgeous!??

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

i fricken love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home