Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Weekend of Fireworks

I assume that all of you had a fun and safe 4th of July. I hope that there are no missing body parts or permanent ringing in ears. But if there are, please tell me all about it!

Did other cities (your city) do what Memphis did and have fireworks every weekend night? There were fireworks here on Saturday night, Sunday night and Monday night. If it were only up to me, we would have gone to every show we could fit in but it is not just up to me so instead we went to the best one (Saturday night).

On the actual 4th there was this big storm that came through. We went outside and watched as lightening lit up the sky, thunder rumbled, it rained really hard and the wind blew. God said "I'll show you REAL fireworks". Then we went out to our car and found that it was flooded inside. I had to take a cup and scoop out the water. The car is mostly dry now but it stinks like you wouldn't believe!!!

4 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger James T Wood said...

HEY! I helped with the water-cleaning-out-job!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

that is probably one of my only memories from when my family lived in memphis (when i was a kid). i remember we were driving somewhere in a thunderstorm (when was there not a thunderstorm?) and our car started to flood. i was really small so it was very frightening for me!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger breanna said...

i am the new poster girl for firework safety. long story short: if you're trying to light a sparkler that is leftover from your wedding last summer and it won't light, then don't try to force it by continuing to hold the lighter very close to the tip until the sparkler finally shoots its flame...directly into your bare and vulnerable (now scorched) thumb. because that's not a good idea.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

So, was it another weekend of fireworks for you, Andrea? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home