Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My office in a closet

I promise, I didn't disappear. My office has been uninhabitable. As some of you know, I am an apartment manager at a small complex. So small infact, the office is my apartment.

So, the other day I noticed that there was a funk coming out of the room but we thought maybe it was just lack of air circulating through there so I turned on the window air conditioner- that had almost no affect on the smell which became rank! Then I noticed that the carpet was getting wet and there was moisture under that plastic thing you put on the carpet so that your desk chair can roll, you know? Then my whole office smelled like amonia- trust me, that is NOT good.

We had to have the carpet people come and pull up the carpet and tear out the padding under there and have it dry out over a weekend and that meant that all of the furniture that we could carry had to be out of the office which included a desk and my chair. So I have been running my office out of a closet for over a week now. The carpet guys came back to put in new padding and spray it so that we can breath in our house again.

I missed you all so much. Go visit my husband's blog to hear about the awesome anniversary gift he had made for me!!

11 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

gross! how did the carpet get wet to begin with?


welcome back! i missed you!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger James T Wood said...

I'm not sure how, but my theory is that the carpet wetting was perpetrated by Rebecca Marie.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

i swear. i've not vandalized by peeing in over twenty years. i promise promise promise.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger breanna said...

eww and eww! there are few things worse than an unidentifiable and overpowering smell...talk about misery! Glad you're almost to the point of coming out of the closet (i couldn't help it! someone HAD to!)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mrs. Andrea Wood said...

It turns out that I am not gay- but I do live in a wicked old apartment that had an old water heater that leaked on the other side of the wall. It is better now.

We had the carpets cleaned today so I hope that on Monday, I will have an office in which I can spend my time checking and updating blogs all the live long day!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

toldja it wasn't me...

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i hang out in my closet. i don't know why i'm posting this here. anyway i was just surfing blogs and saw this. so yeah. come visit mine if you can = )

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Wow I Love Howdy. How very thoughtful and exactly the same canned nonsense posted on other people's blogs. You can rest assured how often I am not going to visit yours.

Wet carpet smells gross.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

yeah, don't you just love drive by comments? ahh, here's to howdy.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmm drive bys . . . not sure whether to delete them or leave them up for their sheer intertaining annoyance . . .

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger James T Wood said...

Spam has even made its way into the blogosphere - stupid spam (not spam, spam, spam-eggs, and spam, though, that's good).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home