Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hooray for No Job!!!

I wrote this right after it happened (July 25th- I think).




As some or all of you might know or have figured out, I have hated my job as an apartment manager for quite some time now. Well, now I don't have to do it anymore. I was fired.

This is the first time I have ever been fired. It really bothered me for the first day (Thursday) but then once I let it sink in that I don't have to do this crappy job anymore, I don't have to screen the calls at my house, I don't have to be afraid to see my neighbors, I don't have to live next to a gas station and loud music and I don't have to put up with the morons that live in these apartments anymore, I though: You know, this might actually be really good. I have been in such a good mood since then.

Today I have an interview and I have my resume out to several other places and I expect to hear from them in the next day or so. Since we are only going to be here for one more year, I am looking for something to get us through. All I want is a job with a much better enviornment and to work with people that are half-way intelligent. I don't think that is too much to ask.


Update:

I now have a job. I verify worker's comp claims. Exciting- I know!

The great thing about this job is that I work with nice people and it isn't stressful.

We have also moved into the apartments that are on the Harding Grad campus. It is great to want to talk to my neighbors and to not be afraid that they might try to jump me! We don't really have much internet connection at the new place but we will soon.


That is why I we have been gone and what we are doing now. Sorry that I have been out without any explanation. I'm going to try to get caught up some this next week.

Good to be back!

7 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger RoniZee said...

Congratulations on having a job where you won't get jumped!

PS. I have been fired from 2 jobs. Welcome to the club!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger tara said...

congrats on getting fired! its obviously for the best, so im glad it happened...if i lived in your old apartments, i totaly would have jumped you. i would have popped a cap in your ass.
(not really, anrea, im just a little white girl)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I found your blog in a round about way, but I'm glad I did...congratulations on your new job! You and James are both special to us and we are so glad that our lives have crossed in this journey on earth!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger arwen said...

I only got fired from 1 job (I don't count the city because it was 4 days before my last day after putting in my notice) and my boss fired me because he didn't believe that my house burned down. Jerk.
I'm glad you have a job that you like. Roni's right. It's good to live/ work where you won't get beat up. That's what I call job security. We should be friends, you and I......

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

hooray!! you and i both have our crappy jobs behind us!

now, i only have to wait one more year for you to come home to me . . . (shhhh ... we might be moving to new york when you come home . . . shhhh) . . .

i love you!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Mrs. Andrea Wood said...

WHAT!?!?!?! NEW YORK!?!?! WHAT!?!?!?
I mean (((what? new york? what?)))

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

sorry you got canned... that happened to me once, and i swore to never speak about it, and that lasted about as long as it's taking me to type this comment.

so glad you have a new boring job! boring jobs rock. keep your life at home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home