Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Busy Doing Nothing

Am I the only one that feels busy but like nothing is really being accomplished? The way I am built is this: I want to do something once and have it be done. That is not the way things work- at all! Everything always needs a refill, maintenance and updates. I hate that.

There are lots of plates spinning but none of them are going anywhere.

I know that I have been busy. We have wanted to be involved in a fellowship group at church but every time that they call us, we can't meet on the night that they want to because we are already filled up. The nights when I don't have something planned, the house needs to be cleaned. That is one of those things that I wish that I could do once and never have to clean again!

My job is such that I am constantly doing the same things and re-doing those things. It drives me nuts! Especially because I derive no joy from this job, I don't work with cool people and it doesn't pay big bucks so that I can at least do cool things on the weekends.

At least we stay busy and not bored. Quite a few of the things that keep us busy are enjoyable, I suppose. We have spent a lot of time with friends lately and that makes me very happy!

I guess I don't really have a point or a question for you. Thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

i know how you feel . . . it's like we are so busy we don't have time to live.

funny how one of the first words we learn as children is the word "no." and then we can't figure out how to use it correctly as adults . . .

want to add something else to your plate? "sure!"

should have said "no."

blast.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger James T Wood said...

Oh, that reminds me, we have a meeting next week.

Kidding . . . don't beat me up. Ow, stop that! At least don't use sharp things.

Oh, crap - sack of doorknobs, gotta go . . .

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

you two are the cutest!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger James T Wood said...

uh . . . so ship building? I like building things. Building things is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home